- Eager to see what programs and services on campus support the LGBTQIA+ community? Come visit the “LGBTQIA+ Welcome Reception” on Sept. 5, from 4 to 6 p.m. Hosted by Student Diversity Programs, head to the Student Union Room 208 A/B to learn more!
- FBI. Heists. Stolen Art. If that piques your interest, head down to the Mob Museum on Sept. 6 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. to hear former FBI special agent Robert Wittman recall his time recovering stolen works and artifacts. Wittman discusses cases where he restored everything from North Carolina’s Bill of Rights to Rembrandt’s self-portrait. Listen as you hear him discuss his undercover work to recover stolen work worth $500 million dollars! Tickets range from $16.95 to $29.95.
- Have you ever seen a one-woman show? This is your chance to watch “Happy Days,” a production directed by Stebos and starring Kymberly Luke Mellen as Winnie. Based on Samuel Beckett’s absurdist play, this play mixes tragedy, comedy, marriage and disappointment in the Alta Ham Fine Arts Black Box Theatre. The play will be available from Sept. 8-10 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Buy tickets at the UNLV Performing Arts Center Box Office, located at the Cottage Grove Parking Garage. Tickets are $30 with discounts available for UNLV students, non-UNLV students, seniors, military members, the disabled, UNLV alumni and UNLV faculty and staff. Parking is free after 1 p.m. on Friday and free all day on weekends.
- Interested in industrial sculptures? Reclaimed trash is part of the “Jackson Street Project” exhibit at The Doyle on Sept. 9 from 6 to 9 p.m. Admission is free.
- Emo music and cruises. Those are two things that don’t usually go together, but they will on Sept. 9! Embrace your alternative side with a trip to the “Emo Night Yacht Cruise” at Lake Las Vegas. Bring your best alternative outfits to this 21+ event. Check-in begins at 6 p.m., and tickets range from $19.99 to $49.99. Seats are first come, first serve.
The post Emo Night Cruise and four other things to check out on Campus and in Vegas first appeared on UNLV Scarlet and Gray.
The post Emo Night Cruise and four other things to check out on Campus and in Vegas appeared first on UNLV Scarlet and Gray.